Thursday, February 1, 2018

January 2018

Happy New Year! Didn’t see the ball drop again... I think this is going to be my new New Year’s tradition! We did spend the day with friends however and celebrated the turn of the new year South Africa time. I love that we have finally found some friends that everyone enjoys!


Mimi and Papa and Uncle Matt came to visit at the end of the month. We hadn’t seen them in far far too long so it was really fun to see them reconnect with the kids. They hung with the kids a lot but also explored on their own a little bit because they have finally gone under contract on their house in Massachusetts and will be moving to Denver as soon as they close in March. The kids are so excited!



Speaking of selling houses, we finally sold Grape Street! Yay! I can’t believe we thought we were going to be done in a matter of weeks — in the end it took about seven months. Either way though, its done!



Matt and I have still been enjoying our year subscription to the DCPA. It is such a fun date night to go see a show and I have been pleasantly surprised with how good most of them have been. Unfortunately some aren’t as good as others though. We went to see The King and I and were really disappointed. I had heard it was a true classic... and we stuggled to make it though the entire thing.



Hamilton the musical is coming to Denver in March and we have been listening to it pretty heavily, especially Aurora who is quite literally obsessed. She says the only thing she really wants for her birthday is Hamilton tickets. Unfortunately when I got assigned my place in line for the public sale I was 107,000. Clearly didn’t happen so we shall see if her faith in us as parents is totally shattered or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment